Funding news - 03/07/2012
Innovating for Growth - £10,000 worth of Business Support for London SMEs
The new Innovating for Growth initiative has been set up to support in excess of 100 London-based SMEs that have plans for growth.
The programme offers three months’ face-to-face customised support from business experts and professionals, combined with practical workshops. It can help businesses to grow into a new market, launch a new product or implement a new process. Assistance is delivered in the form of expert advice and support on business strategy and sustainability, branding, intellectual property, product development and market exposure.
A package of advice and support worth £10,000 is available for each business the initiative supports. Over a three-month period, applicants will receive the following:
- Bespoke business advice and support to identify the obstacles to growth and make the right decisions on strategy for the business.
- Dedicated Relationship Manager to support the business and help to make the most of the British Library’s Business & IP Centre's additional resources.
- In-depth meeting with a business expert to discuss the business strategy and compile a three-month ‘Innovating for Growth’ plan.
- Help to protect and exploit intellectual property (IP).
- Access to experts who can help the business to use market information to assess options and make informed decisions for the business, coupled with brand assessment and help to develop this to best meet the needs of the business’s customers.
- Assistance with forming a strategy to break into an identified market.
- Regular free networking events with peers to spark ideas and discuss new business opportunities.
- Opportunity to share the experience with other businesses growing at a similar rate and experiencing the same challenges.
The support offered can help applicants to launch a new product, develop a new service, or exploit international markets, as well as developing a strategy. Advice is tailored to each business’ specific requirements, and so will be relevant and bespoke.
The scheme is open to innovative London-based small and medium-sized businesses that have clear plans for growth. Businesses must have been trading in a London Borough for a minimum of one year and have proven sales.
Applications may be submitted at any time.
Click here for more details and to apply online (link opens in a new window).
Source: British Library, 03/07/2012